When it comes to pest control, people tend to think that the stronger the chemical deterrent is, the faster the pest will be managed or removed from their home. While it is true, strong chemicals will, in fact, exterminate pest populations faster, they also stick around longer — and do you really want your family and pests exposed to pests longer than they have to be?
Luckily, there are natural pest control products, like ours, that are just as effective as traditional chemical pest control applications but won’t have lasting impacts on the health of those in your household.
In today’s blog, we will be discussing the dangers of using chemical pesticides, as well as a couple of eco-friendly and safe pest management alternatives.
The Dangers of Chemical Pesticides
If a chemical pesticide is strong enough to kill large populations of bugs and poisons are strong enough to kill something as large as a rat, you can bet that it is not good for your family and pets to be exposed. In fact, some of the largest dangers associated with the use of chemical pesticides are:
- Chemical pesticides can cause long-term health complications (brain damage, weakened immune system, hormone imbalances, cancer, infertility, birth defects, and more).
- Pesticides can cause the loss of beneficial insect populations that were crucial in managing the ecosystem’s health and the populations of other pests.
- Pests that come in contact with chemicals might be eaten by birds and amphibians, resulting in the danger of decline in mammal and amphibian populations.
- Chemical-based pest products can add to the already great exposure to chemicals that we experience daily. In fact, in 2009 a newborn baby’s umbilical cord blood contained over 200 unnaturally produced chemicals — and that was even before it was born.
The Natural Solutions
While chemical pesticide use is still extremely prevalent, it doesn’t have to be. In fact, the pest control industry is only recently beginning to shift towards the emphasis of using natural pest control products. Some of the most efficient natural pest control products that you can use in your home are:
- Diatomaceous Earth – Known as DE, this natural pest control product is a sedimentary rock that contains fossilized diatoms. Essentially, what DE does is create an impassable barrier that dehydrates insects pests upon contact.
- Neem Oil & Garlic Oil – Natural oils like neem oil and garlic oil create scent barriers that keep pests at bay.
- Cedar products – Cedar is a wood that naturally deters common household pests due to its pungent evergreen smell. There are many different products that utilize cedar as a natural repellant.
- Essential Oils – Sniff ‘n’ Stop natural pest control products are made using a combination of essential oils. Essential oils are completely harmless to both people and pets — making it a natural pest control solution that is perfect for your home.
Order Sniff ‘n’ Stop Natural Pest Control Products Today
If you want to protect your family and pets from the harmful effects of chemical-based pesticides and in-home sprays, we urge you to check out our online store. All of our products are 100% natural and 100% safe — meaning that you can sit back knowing that your family, pests, and home are all protected.